Thursday, July 23, 2015

The letter of the week is "f"



Hello everybody!

I hope everything is going well. Today I will show you some sources and activities that could be useful by the time you are teaching the letter "f".

Well as I tell before I love videos, games and crafting to introduce new topics as well as written exercises or activities to close the topic. Clarifying this , let's begin.


  • First of all I choose some videos as these...


      

My students usually have a lot of fun watching these videos in class, that's why I let those at the weekends as homeworks on a website called edu 2.0 .

  • Secondly, we make a contest where students have to look for the letter of the week. I called this game Finding (the letter of the week). By this case it is, "finding "f"


For this activity we need:

4 packages or boxes of Alphabet pasta.

 

*  4 bowls. 


* 2 spoons











Activity development:

  1. Organize your students in a circle sitting on the floor. Divide the group into two teams.
  2. Locate the 4 bowls on the floor and fill up two with the 4 packages of pasta two per bowl.
  3. Meanwhile, ask to your students to name their groups and write those names on the board.
  4. Give your students the instruction:
"one contestant of each group will pass to the center and take a spoon, then when the teacher give the signal, each contestant will look for all the letters "f" they can in one minute" 
    5. When time is up, the teacher will count and give the score. Then returns all the           pasta into the bowl and two new contestants play. 

    6.  At the end the group who obtains more "f"wins the game.

My students really love this game...

  • Thirdly, crafting... "I love crafting, that is why I brought you some examples", there are not specifically with the letter "f" but if is with words that begin with it.


DIY paper plate fish
Handprint fish craft
Ocean bottles
Fish Paper Craft
Paper Heart Fox

Celery Stamping Rainbow Fish Craft
fox craft
Fox in Socks



Paper Bag Frog Puppet.

  • Finally, here there are some examples of written exercises with the letter "f"



Beginning Consonants

Well, that's all dears. I hope you like it. Have a nice week.

As always leave any comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment